Burrito Brigade has many volunteer opportunities!
– Weekend Burrito Brigade
The WBB makes burritos every Saturday and Sunday and then directly distributes them.
– Free Little Pantries
Stock your local pantry(see MAP), or host your own by filling out the form on the Little Free Pantries page
Waste to Taste
At our food rescue free pantry, we rely on volunteers for every aspect of the operation. Opportunities include:
– Stocking/sorting/portioning donations
– Driving to partner locations to pickup donations
– Making/delivering food boxes
– Greeting/Assisting Shoppers
There is also a Portland Burrito Brigade chapter providing meals during the pandemic. To get contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
*note* – vaccination required to volunteer
We are keeping it safe with:
- Asking anyone with a fever or symptoms to stay home
- Requesting vaccinations
- Mandatory Masks
- Smaller Groups
- Extra precautions with distribution
- Creating space for social distancing
Before volunteering with Burrito Brigade please review the following COVID-19 screening questions:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past ten days?
- In the last 72 hours have you experienced any COVID-19 symptoms not attributed to a chronic condition? Symptoms of coronavirus from CDC.
- In the last 14 days have you: Cared for or had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19?
If you answer “Yes” to any question above, please contact your healthcare provider and DO NOT volunteer with Burrito Brigade at this time.
If you answered “No” to all of the above questions please fill out the volunteer form below.