BURRITO BRIGADE VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT
By volunteering with Burrito Brigade, you are making a dramatic difference in the lives of others by volunteering your time. You are a vital resource for this organization, which could not survive without the assistance and determination of community members like yourself. However, we count on all of our volunteers to make a safe, inclusive and positive experience.
BEHAVIOR AND CONDUCT
Burrito Brigade does not discriminate against any person on the basis of ability, race, ethnicity, country of origin, gender, gender identity, sexuality, sexual orientation, social status, addiction, criminal background, education, housing status, political belief, religious belief, size, or age. We promote respect and dignity for the people that we feed and we aim to create an inclusive space for our participants and volunteers free of political or religious affiliation.
In initialing below, I agree to the following terms:
- I will avoid speech and behavior that could be construed as disrespectful or discriminatory
- I will respect the privacy of the people we serve and fellow volunteers
- I will refrain from promoting partisan politics, religious beliefs or personal views
- I will promote ethical conduct and to report unsafe, unacceptable, or illegal practices
All Burrito Brigade food products must be prepared in accordance with food and kitchen safety guidelines put forth by the Illinois Health Authority. Therefore, we ask that all volunteers follow these “house rules”:
- Long hair must be tied back or covered with a hat, hair net, or bandana/kerchief.
- Wear close-toed, non-skid shoes.
- Before handling food, wash hands with antibacterial soap for at LEAST 20 seconds and dry with a clean paper towel. Wash hands TWICE after using the restroom.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with the inside of your arm (not your hands). Do not work if you are ill.
- Do not point or gesticulate with knives, always point the blade downward while holding the knife.
- Do not attempt to touch or pick up hot equipment or surfaces with bare hands
- If you become injured, let an organizer know as soon as possible.
- Masks are required
I understand that as a Burrito Brigade volunteer , I may be working with equipment that poses risk of injury, dismemberment, or death. I agree to exercise caution while handling sharp, hot, or heavy equipment, and I retain my right to refuse any task that I do not wish to perform.
I willfully assume the risks inherent to the above named activities and release Burrito Brigade from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the services I provide.
I understand that all volunteers under the age of 16 must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT AND SIGNATURE
In signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms outlined in:
Moreover, I do / do not (circle one) grant permission to Burrito Brigade to use my name and image in promotional materials, including but not limited to: social media, internet publications, newspaper and magazine publications, and film and television footage.
[NOTE: ALL VOLUNTEERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST HAVE THEIR AGREEMENT INITIALED AND SIGNED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN]
Signature:_________________________________________________ Date: _________________