Want to support Burrito Brigade’s work in a different way? Consider making an in-kind donation! Donating excess produce and other supplies is the perfect way to support our various projects.
Is your garden overflowing with tomatoes and summer squash? Donate ’em! Accidentally order 100 pounds of dried beans instead of 1 pound during the pandemic and don’t know what to do with them? Donate ’em!
Burrito Brigade processes and preserves/cans tomatoes and other produce all summer long. In fact, tomatoes are a key ingredient in our house-made BBQ sauce that gives our Weekend Burrito Brigade tempeh burritos their delicious kick. Our recipes are designed to incorporate a fantastic variety of seasonal herbs and vegetables.
Many individuals, grocery stores, restaurants, and farms support our work with in-kind donations. Below are items that we are currently accepting.
Burrito Brigade is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All financial and in-kind donations are tax deductible.
To request a tax receipt, please email us.
We currently accept any of the following foods:
- Beans (dried, any variety)
- Bell peppers (any variety/color)
- Carrots (any variety)
- Green beans (any variety)
- Leafy greens (chard, kale, lettuce, spinach)
- Mushrooms (button, portobello, and similar varieties)
- Oil (canola or olive preferred, other oils also accepted)
- Onions (all varieties okay; yellow and white preferred)
- Potatoes (all varieties, including sweet potatoes)
- Squash (hard or soft)
- Tomatoes (all varieties)
We currently accept the following supplies:
- Aluminum foil sheets (12″ x 10.75″)
- Reusable, insulated hot bags (for burrito distribution)
- Latex gloves (sizes S, M, L, XL)
- Reusable water bottles
Want to make a financial contribution, instead?
Thank you for supporting our work!